How To Find The Best Chiropractor In North York
Chiropractor North York
- We proudly provide chiropractic care, massage therapy, Naturopathy, and laser therapy. When required, custom orthotics or knee braces are also available. Whether you have a sports injury or suffer chronic pain, our team will provide you with the highest quality care. Dr. Gold has over 30 years of experience in private practice and has taught undergraduate doctors at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College for the past 18 years. His seminar series provides continuing education credits for graduate doctors seeking his specialized techniques for TMJ and extremity treatments. Visit our website for more information, or call the clinic at 416-492-0012.
If you're looking for a chiropractor in North York, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, make sure to find a licensed chiropractor. There are many practitioners who claim to be chiropractors but are not licensed by the state. Second, ask around for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and co-workers to see if they know of any good chiropractors in the area. Third, consider your health insurance coverage. Many insurance plans will cover chiropractic care, but some do not. Lastly, make sure to schedule an appointment for a consultation before making any decisions.
Types of services offered
Chiropractic care is a holistic health approach that focuses on the musculoskeletal and nervous system. Chiropractors use a variety of techniques to improve your overall health and well-being.
1. Spinal Adjustments: Chiropractors use spinal adjustments to realign your spine and relieve pain. Spinal adjustments can also improve your range of motion and increase your mobility.
2. Massage Therapy: Massage therapy is often used in conjunction with chiropractic care. Massage therapy can help to relax your muscles, reduce inflammation, and improve circulation.
3. Acupuncture: Acupuncture is another holistic health approach that uses needles to stimulate specific points on your body. Acupuncture can be used to relieve pain, improve digestion, and boost immunity.
4. Lifestyle Counseling: Chiropractors can also provide lifestyle counseling to help you make healthier choices for your mind and body. Lifestyle counseling can include nutrition advice, exercise recommendations, stress management tips, and more .
5. Physical Therapy: Physical therapy can be used to improve strength and flexibility, as well as help with pain management. Chiropractors may refer you to a physical therapist for more specialized care.
What to do before visiting a chiropractor
If you are looking for a chiropractor in North York, it is important to do your research and find one that is reputable and has experience. Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking for a chiropractor:
1. Make sure the chiropractor is licensed and insured.
2. Ask the chiropractor about their experience and training.
3. Find out what type of treatments the chiropractor offers.
4. Ask about the costs of treatment and whether insurance is accepted.
5. Schedule a consultation to meet with the chiropractor and ask any remaining questions.
Is recent research on spinal manipulation useful?
A recent study published in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics found that spinal manipulation was associated with significantly greater improvements in pain and function compared to no treatment at all for adults with chronic low back pain.
Another study, this one from the Annals of Internal Medicine, found that patients who underwent spinal manipulative therapy (SMT) had significantly better outcomes than those who received usual medical care (UMC) for acute low back pain.
So, yes, recent research does suggest that spinal manipulation can be helpful for certain types of pain. If you're dealing with chronic or acute low back pain, it may be worth considering chiropractic care.